Musician's Friend: Stupid Deal of the Day

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Supernatural Cymbals


Supernatural Cymbals is one of many new cymbal companies that have popped up in the past few years, I had heard of them for a while before I saw their booth at NAMM 2010 and heard MANY good things about them so I thought I’d try them out…Man! Was I surprised with what got! 

For this review I chose the 13” Aura Hats, 22” Impact Power Bell Ride, 18 Aura Crash and 18” Prodigy Pro Crash. I have shot a video of each cymbal as well to check out!
Here are my findings…

13” Aura Hats: These are REALLY bright hats! I love them. To me personally, Sabian’s 13” HH Bright Hats set the standard for bright hats but these Supernatural’s surpass them easily. They are brighter and project very well. They have a very nice slosh to them when opened slightly and a nice sharp, bright “chick” when closed tightly. Score!

Next is the 22” Impact Power Bell Ride. This is a 22” monster with a bell that a blind man could hit with ease. Nice wash, but not too much. A ping that stands out from the wash and the music as well. The tone is perfect to the ear of this writer.


18” Prodigy Pro: This is a nice bright cymbal that cuts through the music very well. Nice tone and resonance, yet there is enough middle frequencies that it won’t get drowned out.  A great sounding cymbal that has the potential to have quite a bit of versatility.




18” Aura: This is a very bright cymbal, especially for an 18” cymbal. While it’s the same size as the Prodigy Pro, it’s noticeably brighter…I love bright cymbals…did I mention that already? It works great in combination with the Prodigy Pro bringing out the higher frequencies.


Overall, Supernatural Cymbals is going to give “The Big Three” a good run for their money. These are Turkish Cymbals in the true sense of the word with their own foundry actually in Turkey! I like these cymbals. They have my official stamp of approval!

There is going to be a giveaway for a Supernatural Splash cymbal! I’m just waiting on a cymbal to be shipped to me. Once it’s in my hands I will post the rules for entering the giveaway! In the meantime, enjoy the videos!
PJ

1 comment:

  1. I like em! They ALL sounded very bright. I like splashy crashy without a ton of wash. And they don't sound like garbage can lids.

    ReplyDelete