Musician's Friend: Stupid Deal of the Day

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Drum Foundry Layout Mat



Here’s another one for the builders! 

This is a cool little mat that has multiple uses! Are you tired of taping a head and hoop onto a shell to layout the holes? This is the answer!

The Drum Foundry Layout Mat is good for shell sizes 6” to 24”. Not only that but it lays out 6 hole, 8 hole and 10 hole patterns, has a snare bed layout AND it shows if your shell is even the slightest bit out of round! Yes, this thing is pretty cool! I have one and I use it religiously. I almost forgot! You can also use it determine bass drum spur placement!

I’ve seen other ones out there, I’ve even had someone email me one for free (not for review, just because) but I realized after I downloaded it and looked at it, my printer doesn’t print 28x28 sizes so it’s not really that useful.  There are a couple layout mats selling on ebay, two in the UK and one in the US, the US one goes for $50.00 plus $18.00 shipping. The Drum Foundry Mat goes for $44.99 from the Drum Foundry webpage.
Overall I love this thing, I use it in all my drum building! Drum Foundry has some pretty cool gadgets for building drums. Maybe they’ll see this review and offer some stuff up for review! *wink*,*wink*, *nudge*, *nudge*.

Happy Building!

3 comments:

  1. Nice review, thanks. The free layout mat from drummaker can be printed for about $10 at any local Fedex Kinkos. I just saved the file to a usb thumb drive and was off. Very easy. These layout mats are very helpful for drum makers, no matter where you get them. Thanks again for the webpage! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,André here,from Brazil.
    How much to purchase this mat ?
    What to do to it ?
    Tks

    ReplyDelete