Musician's Friend: Stupid Deal of the Day

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tru Tuner

Hello people! I’m back!

Today’s review is on the Tru Tuner. This is a new device used to quickly tune your drums. Out of the box, it’s a little confusing; luckily they sent me some pretty good instructions! Once I got it set up I realized that there is a little bit of a learning curve to using it. After a while of playing with it, I think I finally got it down.

Basically, it’s designed to tighten down all the lugs simultaneously and apply equal amounts of tension. It comes with modified keys that go onto the drum’s lugs and then fit into holes in the plate. You tighten the lugs by moving the plate in a circular motion…this takes practice. The first time I did it, I had some of the keys going into the wrong holes (there are holes set for different diameter drums) and putting the keys in the wrong holes makes it REALLY hard to function properly. Once I figured that out, things worked much better. It does a really good job loosening and tightening evenly. The only issue I noticed is that as they rods tightened down, it became more difficult for me to turn them.  I may have still been in the learning curve though so I’m not going to fault the device.

Overall this is a cool invention. It seems big but it was designed to fit in your cymbal bag, so with that in mind, its size is acceptable. I’m not sure of its practicality in a gigging situation because by the time you set it up you may have been able to tune or remove the head with a standard drum key. I could see this coming in handy for someone who has to maybe change the heads on a kit or multiple drums though.

I am in need of more products to review so if you are a company, feel free to contact me, if you know of something cool you want reviewed, please contact me at timekeep69@aol.com.

Until next time!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I just came up with your blog and I think you have many interesting reviews and stuff in here! I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts on Glipho? I bet that our users would be very interested in your material! It's a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts, really easy to use it and communicate with your followers and a good way to get exposure! In additional, you are able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

    Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about http://glipho.com/ and if you feel like it, in one click you can set up your account!

    I hope you will join our Glipho community soon.

    All the best,

    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testifor.com could be a web site dedicated to providing customers reviews, Testimonials and feedback on customers about your product&services out there to customers in India.
    Product Reviews

    ReplyDelete