Musician's Friend: Stupid Deal of the Day

Monday, May 28, 2012

Stick Gripps


Hello everybody! Today’s review is about StickGripp! I found this company on Facebook and thought I’d ask them if they were interested in a review and lo and behold, they were! So here it is!

First let me say that for years I was an endorser for another grip company that has some great product but it added quite a bit of girth to my sticks, btw, I play 2Bs so it made my sticks feel REALLY big, plus I never got how to install them on my sticks. I would have to send them my sticks to install them for me. Now there is Stick Gripps!

Basically, they are a rubberized sleeve that you place over your stick, they also provide O-rings that go under the grip to help prevent the stick from slipping out of your hand….pretty nifty! How do you install them? Easy. All you need is a heat gun. You position the O-ring where you want it, place the Stickgripp sleeve over the butt end of the stick and use the heat gun to shrink it down to the stick. They are one size fits all! I put one on a 2B stick and another one on a 5B stick and had zero problems! So easy even a drummer can do it!  I know not everyone has a heat gun laying around so I thought I would try using a blow dryer to heat them…not that all drummers have a hair dryer laying around but I knew someone would probably ask…while you CAN do it with a hair dryer, it takes forever to get it hot enough to shrink. A lighter would probably do the job faster.

Options for your Stick Gripps? Oh yes! They come in Black, Red, White, Blue, Green, Purple, Clear and Yellow. They also make them for mallets as well which come in the same colors except clear. You can also get pretty much anything you want printed on them, your name, signature, band name, company name etc. The cool thing about the clear ones is that if you’re a stick endorser,  now you can have a stick grip  that won’t cover up the stick company’s name!

Are they durable? I’ve only had mine a short time so I can’t really attest to their durability but according to their webpage, if they start to come loose, you can reheat them and they will shrink back down tight again.
I’m definitely going to get some more Stick Gripps for myself! They are available at Guitar Center and through their webpage at http://stickgripps.com.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Dude! I really like the idea of these because I use stick grip for my sticks, but the main thing that stinks about using these is that they aren't reusable like my stick wrap is.

    If there was a way for these to be reusable, I'd be all over them in a heartbeat!

    Digging the products I'm seeing here, man. How about some more updates?

    Chris Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it’s a decade later, but I just used my hardcore hairdryer on them & it worked great, faster than boiling a giant pot of water deep enough for the sticks!

    ReplyDelete