Musician's Friend: Stupid Deal of the Day

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Eric Carr Story by Greg Prato



I wasn't planning on reviewing this book but after I finished it I decided that it was worth spreading the word about. The book also hit me for a few other reasons, one, I've been a KISS fan since I was 6, and two, I am the same age Eric was when he passed away and I can't imagine being done with life right now.

This isn't your standard biography book.  Greg Prato uses personal quotes from a wide range of people who knew Eric very well and arranged them chronologically spanning his audition with KISS to his way too early passing. People who include Eric's sister, Eric's girlfriend, Bruce Kulick, Eric's drum tech and members of various bands that toured with KISS and worked for KISS during Eric's tenure in the band.
There is a lot of information about what happened behind the scenes both in normal every day business in KISS and when Eric found out he was sick and the reactions of Gene and Paul...some of which aren't very flattering.

There isn't much distribution for this book, the only place you can get it is at:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-eric-carr-story/15144516.

It's a great read for the KISS fan but it's also a great read about a great drummer who is given too little credit for his technical abilities and giving KISS a kick in the ass when they needed it the most.


Be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment